Started Oct 13, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Whimsical Snapper
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Nikon P7700 or Sony RX100?
Oct 13, 2012

I am confused which model to opt for. This is the first time I am venturing into the premium compact segment. I have always used a basic compact camera i.e. the Sony C-s H55 and I consider it time to invest in a good futuristic device. I don't want anything big and bulky hence DSLR is not my taste

I am getting the P7700 for $420 (converted from Indian Rupees) and the RX100 for $570¬†and I want to know if the extra asking price is worth it in terms of image quality. If it's going to give me a superior quality I am ready to make the investment. I know about the on paper differences and shortcomings of both. But how about real life differences? How about night performance, High ISO performance, noise, sharpness, bokeh, zoom, etc?

Basically I want to know that other differences aside, would you pay $150 more to go from the IQ of P7700 to that of Rx100. Please help.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H55 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow