canvas bag recommendation

Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Keith Aitken
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,564
Like?
Re: canvas bag recommendation
In reply to sznajder, Oct 13, 2012

I use a slightly larger Domke canvas bag which I love, both for daily use and for travelling ( can't remember the item number ). The tradeoff you make for Domke-style bags is that they are less well-padded than ( say ) a good Lowepro, or other bags, so it is a choice. I love being able to run the bag through the washer without detrimental effect It will take two bodies, plus 3 or 4 medium lenses : a 180mm, 16-85, 135DC or 105DC.

One thing I like about this bag is that it takes a special Domke add-on : a wide, foam strap insert which has a thickness compensation factor. It cancels out that feeling that your camera bag is falling off your shoulder by having a wider edge for your outer shoulder, plus adds a friction quality, too 

You could also look at the Crumpler line of canvas bags. You have probably visited BHphotovideo.com - just punch a broad category.

I use S5s too - with the 16-85, a nice combination, although I was seduced by the Tamron superzoom 18-270 PZD a couple of years ago, and find it matches 16-85 quality, with extra range as an added benefit.

Good luck in your research

Keith

-- hide signature --

. . .

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow