POLL on VOTING system......................

Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
MatijaK
Regular MemberPosts: 237
Like?
Re: POLL on VOTING system......................
In reply to John King, Oct 13, 2012

I also think it's horrible that you (as in, you personally) cannot write ANYTHING without getting thumbs down. This is sheer bullying and a display of unreasonable enmity. Thankfully, it doesn't seem that negative votes will have any effect on the forum (early on, DPR wanted to auto-hide posts below a certain treshold), but it's still not what should reasonably be happening.

I don't like this. The forum residents might disagree with each other and the discussion might get very heated at moments, but votes have long started getting personal and utterly unrelated to the content of the posts.

Since the votes are probably here to stay, given how the poll was structured, I think they should at least show who voted how. Might at least tone this down a bit...

(Note: this post does not mean that I agree with your views on 1022; quite the opposite. But I sure as hell ain't gonna ad hominem thumb you down just because.)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow