The Sigma DP2M's 45mm equivalent lens is the sharpest lens ever.

Started Oct 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gary Dean Mercer Clark
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,251Gear list
Like?
The Sigma DP2M's 45mm equivalent lens is the sharpest lens ever.
Oct 13, 2012

The Sony A77 produces stellar images which can be seen on my flckr page at the bottom link.  However when compared to the output of the DP2M--the DP2M just takes it to the next level in image quality.  My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw how crisp across the frame the night shot was at f2.8.  Where can you get a sharper 45mm equivalent lens for $1000.00   The Leica 50mm f2.0 is $1495 USD. The Leica 35mm f1.4  is $4995.00.   The Leica 35mm f2.5 is $1885 USD. The Leica 50mm f2.0 Summicron-M is $2995.00.

Lets face it.  Sigma has done something for us that no other company has done. Provided a world class lens coupled with an amazing sensor in a small form factor that is only $1000.00.  Now you can argue about what the DP2M doesn't do, but nobody has yet to produce a camera in its class the produces as high IQ.  Thank you Sigma.

Southgate Towers, Miami Beach F2.8 20sec at Iso 100

Southgate Towers, Miami Beach Pool at night. F2.8 5sec at ISO 100 Compare the DP2M 45mm to the

DP2M VS SONY A77 Smack Down Here. DP2M optics are amazing.

Gary Dean Mercer Clark's gear list:Gary Dean Mercer Clark's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +7 more
Sigma DP2 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow