D70s and tele lens --> is there an option to fix a minimum shutter speed?

Started Oct 12, 2012 | Questions thread
fotowbert
Senior MemberPosts: 1,096Gear list
Like?
95% of f2.8 shots not sharp for 80-200 lens? Something doesn't make sense here
In reply to fanoos, Oct 13, 2012

You shouldn't need to stop down to get sharp images.  The Nikon 80-200 f 2.8 is reported to be very good wide open.  I don't have one but wish I did.

Yet you say 95% of your wide open shots are not sharp. 

You need to find out why yours isn't sharp!

Could be AF issues, shallow DOF issues, cheap filter issues to name a few.

You should do a controlled tripod mounted sharpness test to sort this out.  I would expect better that a 5% keeper rate wide open and you should too.   John 

fanoos wrote:

I am using a 80-200mm, 2.8 lens on my nikon d70s body. Usually i use the camera in aperture priority mode, but then the shutter speed is usually to slow. If i use time priority the downside is usually that the automatic is opening the aperture wide (2.8) and 95% of the picture are not sharp.

Is there an option to programme a minimum shutter speed into aperture priority mode. For example if you shoot with a flash and set the aperture to 5,6 and you do want to avoid to get a shutter speed slower than 1/125?

Help would be very much appreciated!

thanks

Fanoos

fotowbert's gear list:fotowbert's gear list
Canon PowerShot A20 Canon PowerShot SD870 IS Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8 Canon PowerShot S95 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow