New kid on the block with my 7d and first pics.

Started Oct 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
luckymandran
Regular MemberPosts: 205Gear list
Like?
New kid on the block with my 7d and first pics.
Oct 13, 2012

Back in July I finally jumped back into the world of photography by purchasing a new Canon 7d. After alot of internal debate and research I decided that I wanted to purchase another dslr after over 13 years of nothing but P&S cameras. I had always been a Nikon guy but after a lengthy talk at my local camera shop the sales rep put a 7d in my hands and said this is what you want. Already familiar with this web site I then looked to these forums to see what this camera could do and was blown away by what you all here had posted. And I thank you for sharing your work along with sharing your advice so freely!

My new kit also includes the:

18-135 kit lens

100-400L zoom lens

100L macro lens

10-24 Tamron zoom

Aside from everyday family stuff my interests and reasons for my lens choices include kids sports, nature and landscapes, hydroplane races , and airshows just to name a few. It has been a learning experience with limited time to play with my new toy. Having once shot at a professional level for 6 years with everything from a 4x5 camera to medium format studio work and my own kit of a pair of Nikons with 8 different lens's I know what I want in a shot. It's just having to learn how to get it out of my new kit. I'll post a few shots will always welcome some constructive c&c to help me learn and grow as a photographer.

Thank you again for helping me out all this time and helping me pick out my new kit!

My son,in green, playing soccer.

A bee hanging around in the garden.

Practicing my panning at slower shutter speeds.

Niagara Falls from the Maid Of The Mist boat ride.

Glenns Falls.

Trying to use some ND filters for the first time. I always liked the effect of the flowing water at slower shutter speeds.

I've got other stuff for other posts so thats it for now. Thanks again!  Dale

luckymandran's gear list:luckymandran's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Coolpix AW110 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +3 more
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow