Short hands-on with a GH3

Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
SHood
Senior MemberPosts: 3,931Gear list
Like?
Re: Short hands-on with a GH3
In reply to Eugene, Oct 13, 2012

Eugene wrote:

I was at the same show today and found that the GH3 OLED EVF, like the Sony A77, has a high contrast display with muddy black shadow.  I hope they will tweet the contract better for the final version.  The contrast from the GH1 EVF I tried there seems more natural.

The 35-100mm is also in final beta phase. I tried it on a GH1 and the focus ring seems pretty stiff compare to the 12-35mm or 25mm 1.4.  But the photo and Video IS quality were excellent.

They said GH3 is available in Body Only format.  The reason they said most people who will buy GH3 will probably have a lens collection already.

I was there as well this morning.  I was also surprised they were not offering the 12-35mm as a kit, although personally I would prefer the 35-100mm which will list for $1499.  At least us Canadians are no longer paying a premium for Panasonic.  Hopefully they will offer a discount off any lens when purchased with the GH3.

SHood's gear list:SHood's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow