Beginner, looking for a camera for Street Photography.

Started Oct 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JPrez
Junior MemberPosts: 39
Like?
Beginner, looking for a camera for Street Photography.
Oct 13, 2012

Can someone please recommend a good camera for "Street Photography". I have no experience at all when it comes to photography or digital cameras, and have only taken photos with my mobile phones, iPhone and Galaxy Nexus. I have been fascinated with street photography and would love to test the waters and try it out myself.

I am looking for a point and shoot camera, with minimal shutter lag, and fast shot to shot speeds. No DSLR's. I am obviously not ready for that kind of equipment, and plus these cameras are way too big for my liking.

After extensive research I have come down to three choices, the Olympus XZ-1, the Lumix LX7, or the Lumix LX5. I am leaning towards the LX7 mainly because of speed and ergonomics. The HD video is a big plus too. Would this be a good choice for a beginner and Street Photography? are there any other cameras worth looking at?

Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow