What reactions do you get when carrying a Pentax camera.

Started Oct 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Winder
Senior MemberPosts: 1,307Gear list
Like?
Re: What reactions do you get when carrying a Pentax camera.
In reply to Petroglyph, Oct 13, 2012

Petroglyph wrote:

Does any else get interesting reactions when carrying a Pentax camera?

If we are doing a photowalk with several other 'togs I will tape up the logo and use my Sigma 50mm f/1.4 or the 85mm.  I get a lot of people who look hard but wont ask what I am shooting with.

I have had younger shooters with 7Ds come up who had no clue about Pentax, but I got the same reaction when I shot with an Olympus E-3.

I was helping with a workshop class right after I picked up the K-5 and there was someone in the class with a Pentax K-7.  I don't think he had ever seen another Pentax shooter himself, because when he saw I was using a Pentax his eyes looked like they were going to pop out of his head.  Nobody else in the workshop had a clue about Pentax.

We had a lady with a Nikon D700 who was annoying everyone with here AF assist light.  We told her to turn it off,  but she did not know how, did not know what the light even did.  Just because people have a big expensive camera does not mean they have a clue about their own camera, much less a Pentax.

-- hide signature --

Contax 645, Canon 5D (sold), Olympus E-3 (sold), Playing with a K-7 and K-5

Winder's gear list:Winder's gear list
Pentax K-3 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow