michaeladawson
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,958Gear list
Like?
Re: On my second D600: Broken diopter adjustment
In reply to immanis, Oct 13, 2012

immanis wrote:

michaeladawson wrote:

elewis wrote:

I assume you now that the camera has to be turned on (not just having a battery) before the viewfinder or Diopter adjustment works.

Good luck

Interesting claim.  Is the D600 different than the other Nikon bodies?  I don't own a D600.  But I do have a D4 and D800.  Both cameras quite visibly show the diopter adjustment with the camera off.  Camera is off...  turn the diopter adjustment knob...  viewfinder goes blurry.

So I'm suspicious of your claim.

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

I'm afraid you are wrong on this one, without the battery all you see is a blurry image in a brand new camera, at least the first time you use it. If I recall, it has something to do with the piece that projects the OCD in the viewfinder not properly aligned or something similar.

Your test works because the mirror was already in the correct position when you removed the battery. If he tried to adjust before the battery was charged and in the camera, chances are that the diopter was working fine, but the image was focusing somewhere else well outside the diopter correction range.

Why are you reading things into my post that I never said?  Removed the battery?  When did I say I removed the battery?  I responded to a post that claimed that not only do you have to have the battery in the camera, but that you have to have the camera turned on.  This is not correct.  If you have a charged battery in the camera the diopter adjustment will work properly with the camera turned off.

Second, if you had read the OP's posts you would know that he had inserted a charged battery into the camera.  Furthermore, the OP returned one camera and is on his second.  Do you really believe that in that time he has never turned on either of his two cameras?

Calling me wrong on this?  LOL.

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon D200 Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow