Why do I want a FF D800E ?

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
JohnBee
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,970
Like?
Re: AHHHH - so your question was rhetorical ?
In reply to awaldram, Oct 13, 2012

awaldram wrote:

Whether or not the k5 had equal IQ for the OP's use you have no idea , Given the two sensors share the same heritage then within a limited shooting enviroment the 16Mp AP-c sensor will match the D800 and with the lower ISO may even exceed it.

Not sure what you mean by this but... if a sensor outperforms another sensor in spec, then I really don't see how it could exceed it. That being said I could see the K-5 match the D800 if an image was small reduced enough so as to obscure the resolution advantage. Though I must say, that after some pixel peeping of my own, I've found that the the D800 resolutiojn advantage would come-up even with downsized images as small as 1600px.

Having said all that, I don't know if my this was limited to the samples I was peeping, but... it seems as though the FF sensor excels in red channel detail in contrast to the APS-C. No clue why this is, but... I found that really stood out also.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow