Some Panny G5 and other micro 4/3s question

Started Oct 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
RonFrank
Senior MemberPosts: 1,561Gear list
Like?
Contrast AF does not track moving subjects.....
In reply to Trevor Carpenter, Oct 13, 2012

Contrast focus only cameras are weak when it comes to tracking something like a bird in flight.   You need a camera with Phase Detect system which can track subjects.  I have been waiting for the 4/3 market to stop attempting to justify poor results and invest in better AF  technology.

Unfortunately 4/3 users seem somewhat blind to the issue.  But my D1x is FAR superior in focusing on subjects especially moving toward the camera and it is a decade old.  I would say my throw away rate with difficult moving subjects is near 100%.  A lightweight SLR OR checkout the mirrorless cameras from Nikon, Cannon or Sony ( NEX-6) the offer the hybrid AF systems both PD and Contrast.

4/3 owners should be upset with this fail and the technology has been around for a while.  Instead they make excuses or dismiss it.  At some point I will sell my 4/3 cameras and go with one of the other mirrorless options that offers phase detect AF if 4/3 are not willing to match this technology.

-- hide signature --
 RonFrank's gear list:RonFrank's gear list
Nikon D1X Nikon D200 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow