First SX50 Bird shots

Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ken53
Senior MemberPosts: 1,828
Like?
Re: First SX50 Bird shots
In reply to yooperguy, Oct 12, 2012

yooperguy wrote:

Beautiful shots as usual from you Ken.  Have you tried processing any RAW images from the SX50 yet, or do you only shoot in JPEG?  Also, did you consider the Pany FZ200 with a constant f/2.8 option, but shorter zoom?

Dennis

Hi Dennis

Thanks for the kind comments.

I have done raw in the past and will try the SX50’s raw in the future too. I do believe that raw would at least net better DR for sure.  Unfortunately… I barely find time just to handle my jpgs. (-:

The FZ200 should be great camera. My gosh!... 2.8 all the way to 600mm is quite an accomplishment! For sports of any kind the FZ200 should be the choice of many. But to answer your question, I didn’t consider it, only because the longest reach fits my habits better. There is no denying though, the slow SX50 lens is quite a sour pill to swallow (-:

I’m not sure how birding got to be so popular in recent times, but it has, and is a huge industry right now. It’s funny, that I am so hooked on it now, but in my younger years, a bird was just something that crapped on my car. (-: Maybe Canon is just trying catch a little bit of that birding cash while its popularity is still strong.

If I was wealthy I would have both cameras, and, probably a lot more time to use them both (-:

Ken

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow