Is anyone facing a problem with paint coming off on the black Olympus OM-D

Started Oct 11, 2012 | Questions thread
LouHolland
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,624
Like?
Re: Is anyone facing a problem with paint coming off on the black Olympus OM-D
In reply to Shurid, Oct 12, 2012

Shurid wrote:

I bought an black Olympus OM-D in mid Sep in Bangkok. Despite have used it very sparingly some paint came off within 3 days. On submitting the camera at their service center in Mumbai (where I live), the response I finally got was-

"Greetings, As per our discussion with our technical expert we have concluded that the thing has occurred due to natural degradation and not because of manufacturing defect as this is the first time we have came across such symptom in OM-D, Till date we have sold many quantities but nobody has reported such complains yet, Hence we can not conclude it as a manufacturing defect of the camera or model and as wear and tear of cosmetic parts are not covered under warranty we can not replace it on warranty or free of cost basis."

Has anyone faced this problem ? It is hard for me to fathom, how an authorized Olympus can state that natural degradation can take place within a few days of use without any physical damage ! I have owned many cameras in the past, and none of them have experienced this within a few days of use !

Welcome to the Olympus Four Thirds Talk Forum, the place to discuss Olympus E series digital SLR cameras and lenses (Micro Four Thirds models should be discussed on the Micro Four Thirds Talk forum).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow