Aperture 3: Every date is January

Started Oct 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
prime
Senior MemberPosts: 1,561
Like?
Re: Sounds like something is 'stuck'
In reply to noirdesir, Oct 12, 2012

noirdesir wrote:

I can only recommend the standard ways of replacing/repairing things that might have some influence on this.

• delete the Aperture preference file(s) (keep the old one)

Apple hides files very effectively.  (1)  Where would I find the Aperture preference files on the hard disk, and (2) how can I keep the old one if I delete it?  Sorry that I am such a naif, but my prior experience is with computer operating systems where all of the pipes and wires are exposed in plain sight.

• try a new Aperture library, and if that solves the problem:

It does not.  I must amend my initial post; it now appears that every image file in every library in Aperture going back three years or more has been modified to show the month as January.

• repair Aperture library permissions (open the library with alt-cmd)

When I attempt to open the library with Option (alt)-Command, Aperture itself opens in that library.

• repair Aperture library

I attempted to do that, using the procedure in the Aperture Help topic "Repairing ..." but ran into the same difficulty:  holding Option and Command while double-clicking on the library simply opens Aperture, not the dialogue box shown in the Help topic.

• rebuild Aperture library (maybe try this first on an export of part of your troublesome library)

See above.

• try a new OS user account

I did that, and received a response that Aperture could not be opened, and a suggestion that I repair permissions -- which I cannot do for the reason state above.

• re-install Aperture
  • there is more on the OS level but start with the above first

Thank you for your suggestions.  I appreciate your taking the time to respond.  It appears that I have hit a dead end.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow