Someone explain mobile photography to me

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
David Hart
Regular MemberPosts: 156
Like?
Re: Someone explain mobile photography to me
In reply to Lee Jay, Oct 12, 2012

ljfinger wrote:

For me, that's like checking work email.  Going on vacation is, for me, in part about getting away from as many connections as possible other than those I take with me.  Plus, I don't want to advertise to the world's criminals that my house is empty.

For my example above, I took a photo, connected to facebook via WiFi, and uploaded photos, all within a 10 minute span.  By doing so, a connection to what we were doing was created between us and our friends/family.  If you think that is "Repulsive", then mobile photography is just not for you.

Well, I'm not on Facebook so I don't know why that would be fun, but I wouldn't consider posting images to my website while I was on vacation "fun".

I know that you, and many others, have heard that Facebook is an open book.  That just isn't true.  What is true is that you need to set the security properly.  As a network engineer, I am very aware of network security issues.  I have my Facebook account configured to only be viewable by Family and Friends, but not Friends-of-Friends or anonymous.  Plus when you upload a photo you can specify who has access to it at that point as well.

It seems, and correct me if I am wrong, that you are not actually interested in understanding mobile photography, you're just interested in saying that it sucks.

Point taken.  You don't think that mobile photography is fun, safe, or interesting.  I, and others, have fun with it and enjoy what we do.  It has been a good discussion on the topic, but it's time to move on.

David

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow