Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
franco
Contributing MemberPosts: 567
Like?
Dilema, please help.
Oct 12, 2012

I bought a D800 a few days ago coupled with 85 1.8 and 24-120 f4 lenses. I was quite happy with the focus and sharpness of the 85mm lens. The 24-120mm however was horrible. it had some focus issues. I took it back to the reseller and got a new one. The exact same problem. the images are quite soft and the focus was not satisfactory. Sometimes it would front focus and other times it would back focus. when it focused right, the images were very soft for this kind of lens.

Went again to the reseller and he cheked the focusing on the lens with some focus charts. The lens showed neither front nor back focus problems. But the images were very soft.

He contacted Nikon support and came back witht the following message.

The D800 is not flexible with lens choice. There are certain lenses that wont function properly with the D800. I was offered to switch the D800 with the D600 and get the difference  or simply give another 850 dollars and get the 24-70mm lens which Nikon means is a better choice for the D800.

The 24-120mm is a high quality lens. I cant believe that it isn't compatible with the D800.

I cant seem to make up my mind.

please help.

-- hide signature --

franco 7D 30D, Battery grip, EF 70-200L f4, EF 50 f1.8, Ef 24-105mm f4 LIS, canon i9950.

Nikon D600 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow