The Sigma approach is finally getting the recognition due...

Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner
Forum ProPosts: 18,500Gear list
Like?
TIFF approach as good and in some ways better
In reply to petr marek, Oct 12, 2012

petr marek wrote:

Nothing else matters... for Sigma, unfortunately. What does matter, at least for me (and I can live with all bugs Merrills have, including high ISO IQ), is missing Lightroom (or any usable RAW developing program) support for X3F Merrills.

I disagree.  SPP has all of the adjustments you need in a program meant to convert RAW data into an image for further work.

No denying it is handy to be able to use a RAW file directly in Lightroom or Aperture.  But I have found using a generated TIFF file to work just as well by and large.  I can rotate and crop and if I decide that the conversion is a little off I can go back to SPP, regenerate the TIFF file and see all my previous adjustments overlaid on the base image.

That sad, I am pretty sure with the growing DP-M popularity we'll see Photoshop support for the Merrill sensor within a year or so.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow