Sigma Software

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
You don't sound like you have used it yourself
In reply to rattymouse, Oct 12, 2012

rattymouse wrote:

Reading a lot about the new DP Merril cameras, every review has some of the most harsh, negative words reserved for Sigma's RAW software.  It seems to be dysfunctional software with one reviewer reporting crashes at over 80% of the time being used.

Why is Sigma software so god awful?   Are Sigma programmers not aware that they are shipping a product that could be generously called "alpha" software?

This makes no sense at all.

I'm quite happy with Sigma's software. Simple to use and produces the best quality that can be had from the Foveon sensor. It has also been 100% stable for me on my Mac. The complainers are mostly those who are expecting SPP to be like Lightroom with mostly unnecessary features and those looking to find fault.

You say you are reading about the software but have you actually used the software and used it regularly? You don't have to own a Sigma camera to download the software so why not try it out for yourself? That would make sense.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow