Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SF ellen
Junior MemberPosts: 44
Like?
Flat Screen TV vs. Projector for in in person client sales sessions
Oct 12, 2012

I am about to move my portrait business out my home and into a large, fabulous studio. Now that I no longer have to do my sales sessions in my living room, I'm faced with whether to purchase a flat screen TV or a projector for my sales sessions.

I've looked around at quite a few consumer review sites, but these primarily cover home theater systems with concerns such as size and watching HD movies.

I will only use this for showing my clients images, the closest I will get to a movie is showing a slideshow with music. SO my questions are:

1. Is there a quality difference between the two, and am I able to calibrate a projector? The consumer review sites I've been to talk extensively about 'brightness', but as a photographer I'm more concerned with matching the colors and hues I have created in lightroom. I find that on most devices (my mac and my living room tv) much of the calibration is about bringing down the brightness

2. Cost is obviously an issue. However, there are so many options and so many technical terms, I'm having a hard time price comparing. Obviously, this is made more difficult by the fact that when stores 'translate' these technical terms, its about the 'home theater' experience, which I am obviously not concerned about

3. I've read a lot about how these devices perform in low light vs. ambient light conditions. My new studio has a whole wall of windows (yipee!) there are shades that pull down over these, but they are not black out shades, and some ambient light will get in.

4. Is there any thing else I am not thinking off?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Ellen

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow