andrbar
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,016Gear list
Like?
Re: Hands-On Sony NEX-6 & 16-50mm OSS images & other E-Mount Lens
In reply to webgeek, Oct 12, 2012

webgeek wrote:

andrbar wrote:

Hi,

Nikon user here, and forthcoming NEX user.

Many thanks for the very useful information you give us about this new camera and lens.

The images you posted are impressive. And I'm pretty sure the Nex6 + 16-50 will be my next purchase.

I tried to read the whole thread, but it takes time! So please forgive me if you've already answered my questions.

Did you test battery life? How many shots can you take before recharging the battery?

When you write that you can use the lever or the ring to zoom, does it mean the zoom can be used without motor? or is it just that when you turn the ring, it activates the motor?

Thanks for your help and for your pictures.

-- hide signature --

Hi Andre;

I am sure you will love the NEX-6 & 16-50mm. It is a very capable camera. I have been a DSLR full-frame shooter for 7 years and up to today the technology and advancement in sensor and lens are more than suit my needs, so I sold all my DSLR Canon FF and L Lens and go small, light with lots of nice features that DSLR doesn't. I love Panaroma mode, HDR mode, the Picture Styles, the Tilf-Shift, The Toy Camera, just to name a few. They are all in the NEX and I have produced some wonderful images that my Canon 5D Mark II cannot.

Anyway, the battery life is great as far as I know. I shoot two days on and off with one full battery charge. When I return the camera to Sony Vietnam, it still have 30% left. So battery is great overall and I would guess even better than my NEX-7 because of 16mpx write to card. On the 16-50mm the zoom is motor driven. It is quick and smooth, I live it a lot and am surprise on how good it actually worked, so I sold my 18-55mm to buy this new kit lens. The lever and the zoom ring can be used at any time and it will trigger the motor when you use it. I preferred to use the zoom ring as it feels more natural to how you would use your other lens.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much, Peter. You are very kind for taking the time to answer every question.

I rarely read such a useful thread here.

BTW, your pictures (on your site) are great.

Best regards from France.

-- hide signature --
 andrbar's gear list:andrbar's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow