Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Veebenstein
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Am I expecting too much from a DLSR as I am in a muddle
Oct 12, 2012

My wife and I have just had a young son and It has sparked me into wanting a camera to capture our lives together. So far in my life I have got by with just a compact camera, i currently use a canon s90, but I am now thinking of getting a DLSR with HD video to capture portraits and video of us all.

I borrowed a Canon 1000d from a friend at work with the kit 18-55 lens and I have to be honest that I am stuggling to see any benefit of the camera over my compact in terms of performance and image quality, in most cases my little compact almost seems better to my eyes.

here are some of my photos : http://www.flickr.com/photos/emmaandsteve/

I don't know what i was expecting really but I expected to see vitality and colours on the DLSR that the small sensor on my s90 doesn't capture. I am a complete novice at photography but I do love the art of photography  and my goal is to take photos of this quality

http://www.shootinghip.com/blog/index.php/category/my-family/

but now I am worried I will have to invest a lot of money in higher level kit that the entry level Canons or i will feel i have wasted my money.

I had a budget of around £400 was looking at the NIKON 5100 but again I worry that I won't see the return on my investment and maybe I should be looking at saving for a few more months and getting a d7000. I suspect the real issue maybe that I don't have the skill to get the results my mind wants and I am quite ready to hear that

Steve

Canon EOS 1000D (EOS Rebel XS / Kiss F Digital) Canon PowerShot S90 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow