Buying a Leica - like buying the baton of hate?

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
borgein
Regular MemberPosts: 441Gear list
Like?
Re: Buying a Leica - like buying the baton of hate?
In reply to jpfisher, Oct 12, 2012

jpfisher wrote:

Not to split hairs, but Dr. Strangelove, actually -- Peter Sellers as the president 'Gentleman, you can't fight in here, this is the war room!'

Regarding your hesitance to pick up an OM-D based on your experience on the M43 forum... give the camera a try--it's really excellent. If I was willing to make a mount change at this point, it'd be the one I'd go with. Sadly, crop factor is too great for it to be a viable platform for M glass.

In regards to the OM-D, I played with a friends OM-D and Pana-Leica 25mm a while ago. It seemed like a superb camera, and it focused incredibly fast. I was quite impressed by it, and at that time I had the X-Pro1 and all the lenses... The OM-D ran circles around the X-Pro1 in regards to AF speed even with the new firmware on the X-Pro1. And MF with a Voigtlander 25mm f0.95 was incredibly easy as well due to the fact that the face detection boxes showed up once manual focus was acquired on a face.

I'd definitely say that it's the most bang-for-the-buck camera as of today. Really fun to use as well.

borgein's gear list:borgein's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Leica M Typ 240 Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow