Started Oct 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Joes Raw Talk
Forum MemberPosts: 68Gear list
Like?
Re: Steve Huff : Night Time Street Shooting with the Sony RX1
In reply to sean lancaster, Oct 12, 2012

sean lancaster wrote:

Joes Raw Talk wrote:

the high ISO black & white are stellar. I am not quite as sure with many of the photos posted as they aren't particularly sharp, appearing out of focus. Of course, you'd expect Huff to have sufficient skill to use appropriate settings to achieve satisfactory focus. I am not sure he accomplished that with most of the samples. I would prefer to think that than that's is good as it gets for $2,799.00

-- hide signature --

Joe

He did address this in this snippet:

Things I like about the RX1 after a day? Size, weight, speed, lens, and build quality. I will admit that shooting in low light at night did result in a few AF misses but it was not any worse than most other cameras when shooting in the dark. On a few occasions the camera hunted when the light got REAL low and a couple of times focused on what was behind my subject. When I put it into MF mode using focus peaking it worked VERY well. Remember this is NOT final firmware so maybe Sony can improve on this. They say they are improving the IQ some as well so we shall see.

Yeah, I read the preview, however, what makes you so certain he knowingly posted out of focus images? My money is on these were the best he got on his walk around with it.

-- hide signature --

Joe

Joes Raw Talk's gear list:Joes Raw Talk's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5000 Canon PowerShot S90 Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot G12 Canon EOS 5D Mark II +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow