Ex-alpha user;jumping ship:nex 6 or x-E1?

Started Oct 11, 2012 | Questions thread
Mir_ro
Forum MemberPosts: 79Gear list
Like?
Re: The Fuji will frustrate you.
In reply to David McGaughey, Oct 12, 2012

David McGaughey wrote:

Mir_ro wrote:

David McGaughey wrote:

Point 5. Fuji gets a major fail here - they, for some inexplicable reason, didn't program the EVF/histogram to reflect the actual settings applied. If, for example, you are in a dark dank bar and set your camera to shoot at f/5.6, 1/1000th, and iso200, you'll still see a well-illuminated scene. This is because Fuji decided to ALWAYS show the "proper" exposure in the EVF, no matter what you set. This also goes for the histogram. Making it close to worthless. Sony does the proper thing and adjusts the EVF and histogram for whatever settings (no matter how stupid) you apply.

-- hide signature --

Studio flash anyone? strobist ? manual flash photo ? I still want to compose my shot. what if i shoot at ISO 200, f/8 and 1/160 in near darkness with a radio transmitter and 2 studio portable flahes ?  this means that i cannot see anything before i press the shutter button?

Read more closely - I just said that the Fuji ALWAYS makes the scene bright and visible, independent of your settings (with the exception of exposure compensation, sometimes).

In short, you'll be fine. Perhaps Fuji has a bunch of studio photographers.....

-- hide signature --

and i just said that is the correct thing to do. like an OVF. it is normal and that's the way it should be ! not the way you want.

Mir_ro's gear list:Mir_ro's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 40D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow