My new 15mm f8. Cheap...but disappointing.

Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 26,555Gear list
Like?
Re: 14mm f2.5 vs 15mm f8 - that's just silly.
In reply to Henry Richardson, Oct 12, 2012

Henry Richardson wrote:

Thanks for the info.  Yes, the 15mm is cheap, but I can't see how I would possibly have any interest at all in it.  I got the 14mm f2.5 for $160 (new on ebay) and it is tiny.  Much better lens, almost same FL, much faster aperture that you can change, and fast AF.  I would recommend most people just save the money and use it towards the 14mm if you want a tiny lens.

The 15mm is quite unique - to think it would replace any other lens is a bit far fetched.  It's best feature is its size - but to think it will be the answer to pocketabiilty w/o considering the funky qualities and limitations is not thinking it through.

This would appeal more to those types that might want to try to use a body cap altered to make it a pinhole type lens.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
/"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't."/ - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow