Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John.Laninga
Senior MemberPosts: 1,642Gear list
Like?
X100: Dark EVF?
Oct 12, 2012

I've had and enjoyed EVF since my old Sony R1.  I've had the Panny G1 and now have the GH2, I've also had the Sony a55 and a77.  So you could say I'm experienced with EVF, and if asked I prefer EVF to OVF.

Now I've got the X100, and actually like being able to switch between EVF and OVF.  But I find the EVF to be dark, and the brighter the conditions, the darker the display.  In fact, in bright sunlight I now switch to OVF because the EVF is too hard to see.

I've checked the manual, and can find no mention of EVF brightness.  I can't remember if any of my prior cameras had adjustable EVF brightness, but I cant remember ever having this problem.

If you have experience with an X100, did you find the EVF to be dark?  Is it adjustable, or is my copy defective?

John.Laninga's gear list:John.Laninga's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +1 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow