60 now, or 56 later?

Started Oct 12, 2012 | Questions thread
Felts
Regular MemberPosts: 423Gear list
Like?
Re: 60 now, or 56 later?
In reply to Kokeen4231, Oct 12, 2012

Kokeen4231 wrote:

You should wait for the 56mm. I have tested the 60mm too and was rather slow. If I remembered correctly, the 60mm had one of the biggest speed boost in v2.00 but it would not be able to compare with the 56 f1.4. Its still a little slow. The 56 f1.4 would also probably be sharper and have better optics just like the 35mm, since they are in the same category.

Hi,

Not trying to be argumentitive as there is enough of that nonsense on camera forums,

BUT

1) How can you state focus speed "would not be able to compare" with a lens that isn't out yet?

2) I'm pretty sure that all charts I've seen have shown the 60mm to be almost optically 'perfect' across every aperture range. It is certainly the equal of the 35mm in terms of optics AFAIK.

To the OP: That question can only be answered by your ability to be patient or not... you if you are like me you'll have the 60mm by the end of the weekend!

BTW focussing has improved significantly with that lens but 60mm >35mm >18mm > most phase detect AF.

-- hide signature --
 Felts's gear list:Felts's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon Df Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow