How are you liking your NX1000?

Started Oct 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
aeys
Regular MemberPosts: 156Gear list
Like?
Re: How are you liking your NX1000?
In reply to theNEOone, Oct 12, 2012

I don't have NX1000 myself, I just a NX10 owner.

I just would like to give you some idea of making a criteria of choice.

1. Image Quality - Surely NEX6 will be better (lower noise in high ISO). But, for low ISO (100-400 (maybe 800)) NX1000 could match it.

1.1 JPG - NEX is famous for its ncie JPG engine (low noise), NX is not that famous (still good, suffer a bit from smear effect in noise reduction)

1.2 RAW - if you use RAW in NX, be aware that NX's RAW file is huge (30MB+); quality wise, it is quite good. for NEX, it is for sure, better than its JPG.

2. Lens selection - NX line has a bit edge with more cheaper pancakes with high quality! (16, 20, 30) and also premium bigger lens, such as the 85 f/1.4 ... NEX line is better from the old days, but come with pricey tags (Zeiss 24 f1/.8, great but relative expensive;) - the new lens are a bit on the relatively big size (E 35 f/1.8 OSS, larger aperture, has OSS, but a lot bigger than the NX30f/2)

3. Price - NX has an edge here with lower price and continuously price drop (good when you can buy cheap, Bad when you resell cheaper to others)

4. Other,

• EVF (needed?)
  • lens set that you place to have (2-3 pancake?, just kits lens?, two standard size lens?, premium lens?)
  • your budget
I would say that there are a lot of criteria to consider, but doing this thing will get you back to what you really want and can summarize you thought better.
Hope this help.
Cheers!
 aeys's gear list:aeys's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow