How are you liking your NX1000?

Started Oct 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
aeys
Regular MemberPosts: 156Gear list
Like?
Re: How are you liking your NX1000?
In reply to theNEOone, Oct 12, 2012

I don't have NX1000 myself, I just a NX10 owner.

I just would like to give you some idea of making a criteria of choice.

1. Image Quality - Surely NEX6 will be better (lower noise in high ISO). But, for low ISO (100-400 (maybe 800)) NX1000 could match it.

1.1 JPG - NEX is famous for its ncie JPG engine (low noise), NX is not that famous (still good, suffer a bit from smear effect in noise reduction)

1.2 RAW - if you use RAW in NX, be aware that NX's RAW file is huge (30MB+); quality wise, it is quite good. for NEX, it is for sure, better than its JPG.

2. Lens selection - NX line has a bit edge with more cheaper pancakes with high quality! (16, 20, 30) and also premium bigger lens, such as the 85 f/1.4 ... NEX line is better from the old days, but come with pricey tags (Zeiss 24 f1/.8, great but relative expensive;) - the new lens are a bit on the relatively big size (E 35 f/1.8 OSS, larger aperture, has OSS, but a lot bigger than the NX30f/2)

3. Price - NX has an edge here with lower price and continuously price drop (good when you can buy cheap, Bad when you resell cheaper to others)

4. Other,

• EVF (needed?)
  • lens set that you place to have (2-3 pancake?, just kits lens?, two standard size lens?, premium lens?)
  • your budget
 aeys's gear list:aeys's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow