Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dadopic
Forum MemberPosts: 77Gear list
Like?
Dust on D800 sensor
Oct 12, 2012

After shooting a wedding and changing lenses often in the forest where the wedding was set, I found out I had some speckles of dust on my photos, so I did some test shots and noticed I had some dust on the sensor, I decided to be very careful but to blow air with the giotto hand pump holding the camera upside down. after that I took some more shots and NOW I have a thousand more speckels.

Dont know how that could have happened, and now I don t know if I should risk and try to clean it myself or send it to Nikon.

it is still under warranty. My question is, if I send it to Nikon, would that use up my warranty or it is a one year long no matter how many times I send it to Nikon? or is it one time only in one year period?

second and ladst question: if you say to risk and clean it myself what is the best procedure (dry and or wet I know there is more then one type of cleaning procedure out there. I sued to clean my own my old D2X with great results but this one I feel scared and being stil lunder warranty...

thanks

Nikon D2X Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
dustNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow