Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
A stunning degredation to this forum
Oct 12, 2012

Wow...you go away for a week and everything goes to heck.

The past 8 days I had a nice holiday in Hong Kong.  The best city in the world for the urban hiker/photographer.  I easily hiked 5 miles or more every day.  Up mountains, down mountains, all across Hong Kong island, taking every back street I could find.  I adore that city and this was my 20th trip there.

While away I see the forums here have totally changed and not for the better in most cases (in my opinion).  Still, I am not one to whine about things like this.  It is what it is.  If I dont like it, I move on.

I was going to post about my small Ricoh experience when I returned to this forum.  Oh. My. God.  The stunning level of childishness over a simple "thumbs down" is staggering to the mind.  Everyone is acting like children because they received a "thumbs down".  I am rarely at a loss for words but the childishness displayed here is pushing me real close to that.

Are you people children??   Can a thumbs down really ruin your life like this?  My god, the level of stupidity over this is mindblowing.

Over at x100forum.com they have a similar rating system except that it totals your "thumbs down" and then assigns a rating (a reputation) to you depending upon what you get.  While I love Fujifilm cameras, I dont kiss their A$$ so when they fail, I call it as I see it.  And they  fail a lot. As a result, I get a lot of "thumbs down" there.  I expect I will here too.  But never, not ONCE do I ever say anything about it because it is NO REAL.  It is phantasmal.  Ephemeral.  It matters not one wit.  My reputation at x100forum.com is -22 "bad".   Yet you will not find a single post from me making a complaint about that.  Why?  Because I'm not a 5 year old.  I have a brain.   Stupidity cannot influence me.  Have a look:

http://www.fujix-forum.com/index.php?/user/1537-ratty-mouse/

I can't believe what this forum has sunk to.  No new products from Ricoh.  No sign of life at all from Ricoh.  No one taking pictures or if they are, no on commenting on them.

Really a terrible state of affairs here.

I'm going to give myself a nice thumbs down for this post.  Because I dont care and am not a cry baby.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow