Started Oct 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
nikhgan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,551
Like?
Re: Good fluid video head?
In reply to RicksAstro, Oct 11, 2012

RicksAstro wrote:

nikhgan wrote:

Is Manfrotto  701HDV a good fluid video head? Any alternatives at similar prices?

I did a bunch or research recently on this and found that the 502HD is a far better head for really not that much more of a price.

That said, I ended up with the 701HDV, since it is smaller and lighter and more appropriate for my lightweight application.    It's a very nice head and very solid and smooth.   The only issue is the non-adjustable centering pressure which causes me to have to dial up more drag to keep the camera in place when pointing down or up since I'm just using a lightweight camcorder.   With a heavier setup (DSLR with medium lens), it balances better.

If I wasn't concerned about size and weight, I would have gone with the 502HD which is in another class of functionality without being in another class of price.

-- hide signature --

Hi, thanks for reply. I went with the 701HDV. I need it for travel so light weight is a plus.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow