Considering NEX-5n... What Accessories/Lens Should I Get With It?

Started Oct 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
offtraildog
Regular MemberPosts: 178Gear list
Like?
Re: Considering NEX-5n... What Accessories/Lens Should I Get With It?
In reply to ResearchKen, Oct 11, 2012

I was in a similar place as you in April.  Lots of P&S cameras before I bought the 5N and have been really impressed with the camera and kit lens.

I use it to shot everything but mostly landscape, scenery and travel and I have not needed a longer focal length.  Remember with the IQ of the images, you can crop a decent amount.  If you are planning to shot wildlife, the 55-210 would be really useful.

My approach has been to get proficient with the camera and kit lens and figure out what more I might want.

Now I have shot about 2,000 photos and I just bought the EVF ($260) and am saving to buy the zeiss 24 .. which will become my everyday lens.  For what I shoot, the focal length is very usable but neither is mandatory to shoot great pictures or take amazing photos.

I would keep it simple and just take the camera and kit lens.  get a small case like the kata marvelx-20 which takes the camera/lens with the lens hood extended. ( i use this)  Super easy and fast to pull, shoot and stuff back.  Another option on ebay is the New Nite Ize Black BackBone BB-40 Pouch Case+Clip for Sony Nex-7 Nex-5 Nex-5N ...  If you search dpreview, there is a good thread with pics for this bag. (just bought this)

offtraildog's gear list:offtraildog's gear list
Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow