Considering NEX-5n... What Accessories/Lens Should I Get With It?

Started Oct 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ResearchKen
Forum MemberPosts: 54Gear list
Like?
Re: Considering NEX-5n... What Accessories/Lens Should I Get With It?
In reply to DoctorJerry, Oct 11, 2012

DoctorJerry wrote:

Let me suggest a different approach that is close to the cost you are thinking of spending, at least over time. The 5N is $478 but with the standard kit lens. Add to that the cost of the EVF and now you are at about $800. The NEX 6 is $1000 and has well over $200 worth of built in features. The 16-50 power zoom that comes with the 6 is certainly worth that extra $200.

-- hide signature --

I had the NEX 7 and after 3 months or so I sold it. Prior to buying it I had the NEX 3, then bought the 5N and when the 7 came out bought that. I found the 16MP sensor on the 5N to meet my needs far better than the 7. Now along comes the NEX 6 with that 16MP sensor and some other very nice features NOT found on the 5N. I am hoping that the phase detection AF will work, but even if it is less than hoped for, I never found the 5N to be sluggish. I am seriously weighing getting taht 6 myself but want to see more users comments before I jump in.

Jerry

Someone has to tell the emperor that he has no clothes

Hmm... thanks.

The lack of EVF has made me hesitant to buying the 5n because even though I'm just starting out now, I may want that option down the road.  I really wasn't trying to go too far out of the 500 to 700 dollar range on this, and while the 6 looks like a clear upgrade to the 5n, I can't wait for it to come out... I'll be on my honeymoon next week and I literally only have an old Cybershot and an EVOLTE to take pics right now.

ResearchKen's gear list:ResearchKen's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 HTC Evo LTE 4G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow