Considering NEX-5n... What Accessories/Lens Should I Get With It?

Started Oct 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
DoctorJerry
Regular MemberPosts: 411Gear list
Like?
Re: Considering NEX-5n... What Accessories/Lens Should I Get With It?
In reply to ResearchKen, Oct 11, 2012

Let me suggest a different approach that is close to the cost you are thinking of spending, at least over time. The 5N is $478 but with the standard kit lens. Add to that the cost of the EVF and now you are at about $800. The NEX 6 is $1000 and has well over $200 worth of built in features. The 16-50 power zoom that comes with the 6 is certainly worth that extra $200.

-- hide signature --

I had the NEX 7 and after 3 months or so I sold it. Prior to buying it I had the NEX 3, then bought the 5N and when the 7 came out bought that. I found the 16MP sensor on the 5N to meet my needs far better than the 7. Now along comes the NEX 6 with that 16MP sensor and some other very nice features NOT found on the 5N. I am hoping that the phase detection AF will work, but even if it is less than hoped for, I never found the 5N to be sluggish. I am seriously weighing getting taht 6 myself but want to see more users comments before I jump in.

Jerry

Someone has to tell the emperor that he has no clothes

DoctorJerry's gear list:DoctorJerry's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W620 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow