Started Oct 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ilsfl
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Help set up lighting for a graphic design portfolio shoot
Oct 11, 2012

I have a bunch of printed material that I  need to photograph.

I have purchased an interfit ex150 strobe lighting kit with the softbox and an umbrella modifiers. So far I've been getting sub par results which is most likely due to my lack of competence /experience. I find that I am getting too much of a flash effect, where there is a definite hot spot and blowing out of the work in the centre of the image and not enough fill on the rest of the background. Also finding that the shadows are too harsh and the whole image has a harsh feel to it as opposed to sharp and even. So far the best result was with the umbrella in the backwards position, not shooting through, and the softbox really far off.

Basically I am looking to achieve something like this,

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Isabela-Rodrigues-Personal-ID/5287263

nice soft , almost non-existent shadows and evenly lit work. To make the whole matter worse, the paper on which the work is printed on is a bit glossy so I would want to somehow show that, but that is not as important, since it can be easily faked in PS.

Samsung TL500 (EX1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow