Image of dust/oil on my new D600 sensor. Is this acceptable?

Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tomaa5b
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Re: Image of dust/oil on my new D600 sensor. Is this acceptable?
In reply to Wesbs, Oct 11, 2012

Please do post your findings.  I am in the exact situation as you.  Two weeks ago I purchased from B&H and received the camera last week.  After 150 or so clicks, I hot spotting exactly like you and others have posted.  After research, and taking into account B&H had an extended shutdown for the holidays, I decided to clean the camera and give it some more time, as I still have 2 weeks before my 30 days are up.  I first tried air with no success, then a static brush with no success, so I wet cleaned the sensor.  After 4 pads using Eclipse the sensor was clean.  I've taken 30 or 40 more pictures with no spotting, but I do expect it to return based on what others have experienced.  I believe the problem will eventually subside if it returns, so probably will not go through the process of exchanging by mail with no guarantee with a different unit, but it is good to hear of your experience at B&H.  I will be interested in knowing how your replacement performs.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow