Sigma Software

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson
Forum ProPosts: 20,990Gear list
Like?
Re: Must be hardware error
In reply to Zone8, Oct 11, 2012

Zone8 wrote:

Whilst I understand your approach Roland - if SPP is so flaky - how come the majority of us have never - like ever - had any such problems.  On the basis that SPP is at fault - how can you explain it only has problems for a few?

I did not say that SPP is flaky. I dont use it, for obvious reasons , so I dont know that.

I only said that user programs, like SPP, seldom crashes due to bad hardware. If the hardware is faulty, then the entire OS crashes, and you get a blue screen or something.

So, if SPP crashes for some, then it is probably SPP that is buggy.

Now, the reasons why some have problems and other not can be many. It can be a matter of different usage. It can be a matter of different libraries. It can be a matter of different kind of hardware. Maybe its a timing issue.

I remember the disco light problem that some had and some didnt. And everyone was puzzled how that was possible. Eventually someone showed that the disco light bug only appeared if you open several images after each other in some specific way. Then, the problem could be duplicated by anyone that tried.

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma DP2 Quattro Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow