Filters Crazy Decision... need your advise please.

Started Oct 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MarceloLI
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,809Gear list
Like?
Filters Crazy Decision... need your advise please.
Oct 11, 2012

I have a collection of ND, Polirized and Infrared filters size 72mm, 58mm and 55mm that I used with my old systems (Fuji and Olympus).

I'm shooting Nikon now with the D300/700 and 14-24mm, 24-70mm, 70-200mm, 50mm 1.4, 17-55mm (DX) and Tokina 11-16mm (DX) all these lens are ring size 72mm.

I started a thread at Fred Miranda selling the filters with out success and today I was thinking to go to B&H and just buy new filters but I will need almost $600 to replace my old collection.

Reading some lens review a found the inexpensive Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX it is a very sharp lens and it is only $99 and the ring size is 52mm so I will be able to use my old filters. I always use apertures of f/8 for my long exposures with ND or IR filters.

Do you think it is a crazy decision to buy the lens and save $500?, I know all my lens are very sharp and I'm able to have apertures of 2.8 but I never use that aperture for long exposures.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Marcelo

MarceloLI's gear list:MarceloLI's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D600 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +14 more
Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow