How many of you selling A900/A850 for A99 ?

Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Smartypants
Forum MemberPosts: 60Gear list
Like?
Re: How many of you selling A900/A850 for A99 ?
In reply to chopsteeks, Oct 11, 2012

I have two a850 and the Zeiss and G lenses and haven’t decided what I’m going to do yet and I don’t really need to as my gear still does what I need it to do.

My plan has been, and remains to replace my camera bodies in 2013, hopefully with the rumored 2ndfull-frame and the release of the a99 doesn’t change this plan.

The a99 looks like a good camera…too much on the video side of photography for me, but so far the images look good.

This time it will be about lenses, as most of my old Minolta glass and much of my newer Sony/Zeiss needs to be replaced because of wear, so I’m not hampered over that problem.

So all things being equal ‘llI go with the company that has the sharpest lenses and the choices I need and has the accessories I need.

I use tripods and supports from Really Right Stuff (RRS) and if they don’t offer brackets this time for Sony like they did for the a850/a900 that will be part of my consideration process. And of course my camera needs to tether and interface cleanly with LR and PS.

I’m hoping for a Sony A-Mount mirrorless with 48MP sensor!

Smartypants's gear list:Smartypants's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow