Anyone else with DP2M Front Focus?

Started Oct 10, 2012 | Questions thread
pixtorial
Regular MemberPosts: 114
Like?
Re: Anyone else with DP2M Front Focus?
In reply to approach, Oct 11, 2012

approach wrote:

Bill, Johan, Mike, Roland: Thank you--I appreciate your useful comments.

My original tests were a couple of OOC JPEGs.. deleted, lost, whatever, so I thought "these nice people have replied to my question--I will re-do my test shots and post them."

So... I shot raw at 4 feet with the LensAlign: can't see a problem. Hmmm.

Next, shoot raw at 2.5 feet (LensAlign minimum distance). Focus looks very nearly perfect. WTF?

Here's what I'm seeing:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvokzpy223xhray/2012-10-10-dp2m-lensalign-test-2.5-feet.zip

If you're still interested after this debacle, please check out the files and post your impressions.

I have no explanation for the discrepancy here, except perhaps some undefined incompetence on my part.

On the bright side, my DP2M won't be going to the camera hospital

thanks all,

Adam

Adam,

Whatever the explanation, I'm happy to hear that all appears as it should be at this point. I do know that in doing multiple focus tests on SD14 bodies and Sony bodies that I found about 25% of my results were marred by my own mistakes. When testing something as precise as modern AF systems there are a lot of variables that can be altered by the human element, even when we're taking relative care in our testing.

It certainly does not invalidate your initial concern, and I think it proved to be a useful conversation in any case.

Now that is settled, looking forward to seeing some of your shots appear in the forum!

Regards,

Bill C.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow