Carl Zeiss lens for Canon

Started Sep 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Batzorig
Forum MemberPosts: 61Gear list
Like?
Re: How about Nikon...
In reply to Karl Petersson, Oct 11, 2012

In case of using it without af you would simply use the live view function, I am taking for granted that you are using a tripod then the focusing is a s easy as pie using the live view since it has a 20 max magnification.

Thanks for reply. Live View works quite well in well lit areas, but sometimes when it is poorly lighted such as using the Tungsten rendering lights on the Strobes, Live View could have problem detecting the scene.

Using manual focusing lenses is at first a bit iffy but its something you get very easily used to. The TS 90 is also a really nice lens as previously recommended and will give you a great flexibility particularly when you can not get a straight angle to the painting. B.t.w all the TS or PC lenses are manual focus.

What is PC lens?

I am thinking about ordering Display calibration tool and the Macro lens from the US, but since I am half way across the globe, shipping is a problem.

-- hide signature --

Bat

Batzorig's gear list:Batzorig's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow