Started Oct 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pursang
Regular MemberPosts: 116Gear list
Like?
Shout out to Paul C Buff's customer service
Oct 11, 2012

Last week I sent in four of my Einstein monolights to have them updated to the most current hardware. When I initially contacted repair Debbie, one of their customer service agents said "Get those in quick because you bought them in November 2010 and you want them updated under warranty." My issue really surrounded 'when' to send in the units since I am constantly in studio sessions for clients. I found a two week window where I 'may not' be called to work and explained to Debbie my dilemma. She assured me that they would have my units turned around in time. As it turns out I did have to rent some Einsteins since an unexpected assignment popped up...Murphy's Law and all.

So today I received my units back just in time for a dance session this weekend. When my partner and I opened the boxes we were dumbfounded. PCB had sent BRAND NEW Einsteins. The ones I sent in were all numbered and I had placed grip tape on the edges to prevent dropping them. The only gripe I've ever had with the Einsteins involved the mounting mechanism that hold speed rings. They sometimes did not retract properly or did not seal around speed rings well. That is all history. His latest units are remarkable and the mounting is both sturdy and well executed. I also noticed that he altered the pivot arm to clear the body of the Einstein so it rotates freely about the housing. The front of the unit is also vented much more than my original units. I could not be happier.

In a world where service is found in voice mail jail or through never answered emails, chat sessions that are so scripted I want to scream, Paul's company and products are SO REFRESHING. I try to run my own business like he does, give customers a great product and excellent customer service. Thank you Paul for innovative products that I can count on time and time again. And if I ever get to meet Debbie, she'll get a huge hug from me.

pursang's gear list:pursang's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Pentax 645Z Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +14 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow