Started Oct 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gazeomon
Regular MemberPosts: 326Gear list
Like?
Re: XE1 is impressive!!! Large files..Amazing ISO performance
In reply to MPA1, Oct 11, 2012

MPA1 wrote:

limlh wrote:

Same sensor as X-P1 but the new Jpeg engine could have been improved in a new firmware. If only someone could compare the images of X-E1 with the images of X-P1 before firmware 2,  or images from X-P1 before and after firmware 2.

-- hide signature --

Really no one should be shooting OOC jpegs for anything serious IMV all things being equal. Fine for snaps, I guess, or an assignment where time or other logistics prevent PP but just too much lost information for me to be comfortable personally. It kills the potential to improve the image or to process it in a different way later.

Not wanting to start a whole OT discussion, but personally I wouldn't cry if they simply left all the JPEG stuff out of the cameras.

I could not agree more with Your statement. The only reason that holds me back on the E-X1 is the cr@ppy available RAW support which limits the potential of the X trans sensor. Shooting 8 bit jpgs only is a snapshooter feature. Cheers, Hans

-- hide signature --

Hans

Gazeomon's gear list:Gazeomon's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs HD Pentax DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited HD Pentax DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited HD Pentax DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited HD Pentax DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow