NEX-7. 5,500 + images and I still can not figure out how to get the 'reliability' I expect

Started Oct 10, 2012 | Questions thread
ounkeo
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: NEX-7. 5,500 + images and I still can not figure out how to get the 'reliability' I expect
In reply to nevercat, Oct 11, 2012

It's contrast detection. Any noticable amount of low light will throw it off. It's only really fast and reliable when there is sufficient light.

The most reliable way to get focus is manual focus. Even DMF can be slower than just twisting the focus ring. That's because it first must try to focus lock (iffy) then you have to adjust afterwards. Just set it to manual and use the focus ring.

I do most of my shots from evening onwards and this has proven the most reliable and fastest focus method. The peaking helps but more than that, you should train your eyes for focussing - that will help even more.

probably not the info you were looking for but if absolute reliability is what you need, then you have to go manual everything.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HmmmNew
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow