XPro1 erratic focus?

Started Oct 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Benna78
Regular MemberPosts: 198
Like?
Re: XPro1 erratic focus?
In reply to a l b e r t, Oct 11, 2012

I bought the X1pro two weeks ago, udated the firmware to 2.0 and shoot about 100 pictures last weekeend on a short trip (using the 34f1.4).

I didn't have any problem with focusing in general (even in dim lit church interiors), but yes sometimes you have to be careful with close focused subjects and background. The behaviour it's not very different than my Contax G2: after all everything is always in focus in the ovf and it's not always easy to predict what the af is locking on. I found the double focusing box (close and infinity) to be very useful, and the more I use the camera the less I miss. When I know the subject it's critical I switch to evf: with that I've never had a problem.

By the way, the af is not a speed monster, but I find it acceptable and accurate.

-- hide signature --

Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say... no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh... depended on the breaks.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow