D800 Grip Revisited - Nikon is DUMB!

Started Oct 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
GroWeb
Regular MemberPosts: 152Gear list
Like?
Re: D800 Grip Revisited - Nikon is DUMB!
In reply to Shotcents, Oct 11, 2012

Shotcents wrote:

Everyone agrees the Nikon grip for the D800 is thievery, but the fanboys will still defend it with blind assumptions ...

Naturally, the poor shooter who shelled out for the hugely overpriced grip will need some justification, even an imaginary one. Following the correct definition of "tool" it seems that the label belongs elsewhere. ...

Thanks to those who behave like adults; the reason DPreview forums still have some residual value for amatuers, though avoided by most pros.

Robert

In these lines (especially the second set) you are choosing to belittle a rather large number of people -- simply on the basis that they think buying the Nikon grip was a wise choice -- whose behaviour and intelligence you are condemning wholesale without anything near sufficient knowledge of them as individuals.

I am choosing to assume that you do not realize that these lines come across as arrogant, anti-social behaviour, of exactly the type that alienates people from these fora, and appears to be based on an exaggerated sense of your own superior intelligence and decision-making skill. I would recommend that you edit your input more carefully before you post it, and you will be less likely to inspire the childish responses you profess to dislike, and less likely to alienate people like myself.

GroWeb's gear list:GroWeb's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow