Started Oct 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Steve_in_FL
Contributing MemberPosts: 948Gear list
Like?
Thank You For The Poll!
Oct 11, 2012

Amidst all the complaining and arguing about the poll, everyone seems to have missed the most important fact:  For the first time that I can remember, DPR management actually sought our opinion.  They provided tangible proof that they actually care what we think.

And what did we do?   Did we celebrate this landmark, and express our gratitude for this much to be desired turn of events?  Of course not!   We complained about the format, accused management of somehow rigging the vote, and rejected the entire thing out of hand, like a churlish group of ungrateful four year old children.

DPR recently went through an extensive revamp of the look and feel, and most of us did nothing but complain that it was terrible, and scream that we should have been consulted.  Now they ask for our input, and we criticize that.  If I were DPR management, I'd be tempted to throw my hands up in despair, and figure that there was no way to please us.

Does this mean I think DPR is perfect?   Of course not.   But for the first time in memory, management is putting forth a strong effort to improve things.   Even better, management is demonstrating a concern for our desires.

Wake up folks, show a little gratitude, and meet them half way!

Steve_in_FL's gear list:Steve_in_FL's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow