Started Oct 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tr4driver
Regular MemberPosts: 421
Like?
X100 OOC JPEG
Oct 11, 2012

I sometimes feel like I'm the only person around who isn't ga ga over the X100 JPEG output.  I've been shooting RAW + JPEG fine with my X100, and have found that if I just process the RAW files through the RAW converter (Silkypix) I like the results better than the JPEGs the camera produces.  I am however confused about the color selections in the converter versus the camera.  Anyway, below are three versions of a picture I took.  The first is the OOC JPEG (color set to medium-high, sharpness set to medium-hard, auto DR, all else default).  The second is a conversion through the RAW converter with no changes to any of the settings, and the third is a RAW conversion with the color changed to "Film color V1" (which seemed to match the OOC JPEG better than any of the other default selections).  The two RAW conversions obviously show more shadow detail, and look more crisp to me.  What do you guys think?

Kurt

Conversion from RAW with color set to "Film color V1"

BTW, I'm not a big fan of the new way of inserting gallery images into messages.  I hop I did it correctly.

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow