Hands-On Sony NEX-6 & 16-50mm OSS images & other E-Mount Lens

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
José B
Forum ProPosts: 17,501Gear list
Like?
Re: José: for over 9 months I'm using N7 solely with EF & EF-S lenses...
In reply to jpr2, Oct 11, 2012

I do have the Nex 5 and never planned on replacing my Canon DSLR system with the Nex. For model shoots the DLSr is great not just to throw off the background by using fast lenses like the 50/1.2 and 85/1.2 L but I can also use the excellent Pocket Wizards TT5 system to use flash(es) off camera.

jpr2 wrote:

José B wrote:

First of all, thanks a lot for sharing these beautiful images! From your experience so far, how does the Nex 6 perform vs. the 5DMKII (I have this camera too). I really don't need tests, I just want your opinion.

Right now I am in a quandary between the new 6s (Nex vs. 6D). Both have Wi-Fi connection which makes it easy for me to transfer pics to Facebook which I like. With the 6D, I have to go through my iPhone. The 6D is more expensive and bigger of course but at least I can use any of my Canon lenses but I really like the portability of the Nex 6. It should be a nice upgrade to my Nex 5. Appreciate your thoughts as you use these two systems like I do.

José

...and after 10k RAWs the only thing I miss dearly with N7 is at least 7D's class AF for shooting fast action and tracking, more about Canon EF lenses on N7through the Conurus smart adapter ,

jpr2

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow